Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Is Here--Vote in the Election!


Well, I can't imagine where time has gone. I see it has been a month since I updated my blog. Guess that tells you that not much new has happened here. I booked a vacation to Mexico for the end of January and am working diligently on a beach cover-up using a spectacular pattern from a woman I met online at www.ravelry.com. She designs her own patterns and published it in a book 'Crochet Insider's Passion for Fashion' published by Leisure Arts as Book #4542. I bought it from www.amazon.com and am delighted with all of the designs but especially the one I selected, Caribe Cover-up. Cross your fingers that it turns out to be as beautiful in the yarn I have selected as it is in the solid off white yarn in the picture. Dora does beautiful work!

We continue to build fences around our yard to set off the planting areas and to build a new deck off the family room but it will be next spring before the deck is ready to use. Alas, that means the new spa will not be usable either...but I can look at it out the door until I can actually enjoy the bubbles. It will be worth the wait. In the meantime I continue to crochet and enjoy my leisure time. Life is good and I have no complaints although I'm sure I could find some given a second or two (smile). It isn't too early to start working on holiday projects which includes baking as well as crafts. I noticed in my local mall the holiday decorations are already up....they are hoping for a big shopping period....they need it given the current state of the economy. And speaking of the economy......it is time for a change in the leaders.

So, all you voters out there....now's your chance to make a difference and vote for Obama/Biden. For the first time in my life I posted signs in my yard. This is a really big deal election so be sure to vote! I copied this avatar from the ravelry.com website. Some clever person stitched the 'Go Obama!' onto a piece of knitted material. The signs in my yard are the traditional blue on blue Obama/Biden tastefully located where everyone from every direction can see them. Otherwise, why bother. I mean what is the point if they can't be seen? Anyway, this is a first for me and I'm enjoying it. It is a close race at this point so everyone's vote matters. So, while the election debates go on, and on, and on, I will continue to crochet and watch the polls rise and fall.

No comments: