Friday, April 10, 2009

April Springtime


Spring has arrived. As you can see from the picture, I finished the Moderne Jacket from Lion Brand Yarn on ravelry's crochet along. It came out quite nice. Now I need to find buttons since I don't like the self-yarn buttons the pattern calls for. The Goldfinches are thriving on my thistle feeder. And the tree trimmers were here yesterday to cut down some dead trees and to groom others. We will have a sunny backyard. The better for the weeds to grow. We shall see. While crocheting and frogging about every other row I watched Mamma Mia! the movie and lots of Pierce Brosnan movies and TV series Remington Steele. I fell in love with him in his role in Mamma Mia! I know he got the 'golden raspberry' for a lousy supporting actor but he was smoochable and that is why he was picked. Everyone knew he couldn't sing but .........oh boy he sure did look good trying to sing to Meryl Streep. I am obsessed with that movie!!! I even put down my hook to focus on the movie. I have now seen it at least 12 times and watch it daily when I walk on my treadmill. It's what gets me walking. But this is a yarn blog so ...... I did order some new yarn to make a wrap/throw so that will be next. Enjoy the upcoming good weather!

1 comment:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

The coat looks good. And mighty brave of you to profess your obsession with Pierce Brosnan and Mama Mia. I agree that he is quite the bomb.

Are you going to go for funky buttons or something a bit more "traditionally moderne?" I think something really funky would be cool.