Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shawl of Gem Tones Finished

Well even with a new puppy I managed to finish the shawl and it turned out much prettier than I thought when I started out.  The yarn stripes nicely and will be even prettier when I block it.  It is acrylic yarn but after a good steaming it will drape better.  I recommend the Deborah Norville Serenity yarn.  It is easy to work with and is washable/dryable.  Acrylic is so easy to use.  I know, I know, you dyed in the wool folks disagree but you can't deny it is easy to wear.  I'm now making a flying diamond shawl using the small bit of this yarn along with a Berocco DK Red.  It is turning out to be quite attractive.  It will appear here soon as will Shaunti who is asleep under my desk as I type this.  At least she has grown too big to sit in my lap as she did earlier.  She now weighs 6 lbs, up from the 2-1/2 lbs earlier.  She is quite a feisty little puppy.  The Vet commented that she is 'very full of herself.'  I think this is a nice way of saying she is stubborn.  But, she is smart and has learned to 'go' outside and is learning to bump the poochie bells on the door so I can hear her without having to be aware of her sitting at the door looking at me when she needs to 'go.'  She looks like a little bear cub right now but next Thursday is her 1st grooming when she should begin to look like her poodle self.  We love her!!!

No comments: