Friday, December 24, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas!  Just so you know I can cook as well as crochet, here is a picture of a yummy chocolate chip cake I made.  The recipe came from a very good friend of mine who had tried to get me to make it for years but I just never got around to it. This was the year that I decided to try my baking skills again and I am pleased to say that lack of use did not diminish them. I thought maybe they had been overtaken by crochet but fortunately not.  My loving husband has been helping me finish off the cake by serving us each a warm piece with ice cream every evening.  We must eat the cake so we will be ready to enjoy his famous blueberry pie--a family tradition for the holiday meal.  So many desserts and so little time.  I am always ready for more desserts.  Gives me an excuse to sit back and crochet.  Here's wishing you the very best holiday season!  Remember, desserts eaten between December 23rd and January 2nd have no calories!

No comments: