Friday, December 28, 2007

End of 2007


Well, today is gray and cloudy ..... AGAIN!!! Seems it has been like this forever. Maybe because I'm now at home and notice the weather more. Maybe because I have windows here and didn't have in my office. Oh well, the weather will be what it will be and we must accept it. That is more than I can say for crochet patterns. I have had the worst case of what I'm calling "stutter crochet" this last month. I took on an assignment for a friend to make a shawl. That should be no big deal--right? Wrong! As it turns out, she wanted a shawl with no holes in it and one that came down lower on her body than a normal shawl so she could wear it as a coat wrap. That should be no problem. Right? Wrong! Oh, and I forgot that she wanted a hat to match the stitches in the shawl. So, I started my pattern search. I must have printed out 50 different patterns but none of them suited me. I started one and it didn't look right so I r-r-r-r-r-i-p-p-p-p-p-p-ed it out!! I started another and then another and got almost half way through another when I discovered I had used almost the entire 10 skeins of yarn allowed for the project so, I ripped it out, too, and went back to the Web to seek more patterns. I now have one that I think will meet the requirement and am half-way through. Cross your fingers. I'm hoping it will meet everyone's expectations. had to purchase new yarn so I have not lessened my closet supply. Oh well, there's always 2008. And then 2009. And then .... Well you get the picture. I have lots of time. I hope to make another shawl like the green mohair shown here but it doesn't fit this project. Once I finish my current project, I'll post it for all to see. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

No comments: