Monday, August 18, 2008

CANDY APPLE RED IS DELICIOUS

The birthday sweater for R turned out even better than I expected. I made it especially for her after she said she wanted the gray one she saw on my web site. She wanted it to wear in the office because it is always so cold. I knew red was the color for her. V, a friend who also works in the same office arranged for lunch but didn't mention that I would be joining them. It was a secret so I could meet them and surprise R with the sweater. Of course, they told her not to bring a sweater because the restaurant would be warm enough.....they also knew that she would have a sweater to wear if she needed one. Of course, as soon as she opened the bag and took out the candy apple red sweater she put it on. It looked lovely on her. Red is definitely her color!!! And, I got to ride Metro again to D.C. We had a great lunch at Rose's Mexican Restaurant on 7th street across from Verizon Center. They have the best guacamole! It was a beautiful day and I even saw one of D.C.'s finest putting his horse into its trailer. One never knows what the day will bring....I just enjoyed being downtown and talking about the office again. Even though I've been retired almost a year, it is still interesting to hear what is going on. I'm just glad that I don't have to get up at 6 a.m. daily and trek downtown. Not sure how I managed to crochet and work at the same time but somehow I managed to do it. Now I get up about 10 a.m. and read the paper, and just do what I want to do. That's what retirement is all about I guess--just doing what you want to do. Life is good!!!

No comments: