Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Break from Crochet to Dine Out


Oh My! I had forgotten how much fun dining in Old Towne Alexandria could be. It used to be our favorite location for brunches and lunches but since we've moved to Bowie, about 25 miles away, we never go back. Well yesterday we made a nostalgia visit to one of our old restaurants, Il Porto, on King St. right in the heart of Old Towne. It was fun and the food was still delicious. The building has been there since before the Civil War, built by an old sea captain, with very sturdy wood and brick. It's reassuring to know that somethings can last almost forever. It was delightful. Now I must finish my afghan to get on with my new sweater project. Next post will have the afghan before and after felting. Enjoy springtime wherever you are!

No comments: