Friday, March 13, 2009

Aqua Shawl using Lion Brand Suede


Well, I used up some stash yarn finally! Yea! And it came out beautifully. A friend of mine just had surgery so I thought she deserved something soft and squishy to cuddle up with. I know she wouldn't want wool (she's allergic) but I remember I had this suede yarn with no use in mind. It is so soft and cuddly and washable, too. It just called out to me to be made for my friend. I used the Lion Brand Half Moon Shawl pattern and it came out beautifully. Of course, I added extra rows to make the shawl more robust and voila...she has a 76 inch long point-to-point by 34 inches wide shawl to wrap up in while she recovers. It's always more fun to make something with someone in mind.

2 comments:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

Lovely! I hadn't thought about using suede for a shawl but I can just feel the warmth. This is one of my favorite patterns of yours. And of course, I love the teal suede.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. How many skeins did you use?