Sunday, July 26, 2009

Finished City Chic Sweater



Well, it is finished and it turned out even better than I expected. The purpose was to use up some yarn that had been hanging around for several years. I used up all but one 5 oz skein of Ranch Red but I'll find something to use it with. In the meantime I'll just throw it in a bag with some other large remnants. Maybe they'll get together and make something. Ha! So, the sweater fit me perfectly. The pattern was exactly correct with my gauge using a J hook and worsted weight yarn. The instructions suggested a K hook and bulky #5 yarn but mine worked beautifully. Since I was using a lighter yarn and smaller hook I made one size larger than the measurements for me and it came out just right. Anyway, I am a firm believer now (finally after many frogged sweater sleeves) that you MUST DO A GAUGE PIECE. It has been a real time saver. That's funny since I'm supposed to be relaxing not trying to save time. Oh well, you know what I mean. It is frustrating to have to frog an item even if it has kept me occupied for days (or weeks). This pattern was in a Moda Dea pattern by Ann E. Smith. I am now making the Scalloped Edge Cardi by Melissa Leapman from the same booklet. This time I amusing up some yarn that I received as a gift. This one is truly for me. The others can be for others if I could only find some 'others' who would like them. Gotta go! My husband just trapped squirrel #6 in his continuing efforts to relocate our huge squirrel population. More about this later.

No comments: