Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beach Coverup




This project came together very quickly and turned out nicely. It is a Free Crochet Pattern from Lion Brand, Pattern Number 70258A. Since I am still trying to clean out my yarn closet, I chose a Red Heart recycled acrylic yarn of a #4 weight. The pattern called for a #5 weight so I had to adjust the size to match the yarn and hook size but it all came together as you can see from the photos. I used a J hook and made the large size just in case the gauge was not correct. When I used the J hook with this yarn, it came out to the correct gauge but sometimes that is misleading. Anyway, to be sure it would be large enough, I made the large size and as you can see it fits. That's me trying it on. Now I'm off to a new project using some lovely yarn I received as a birthday present. The color is my favorite color so my friend knew what she was doing. The little shrug will be perfect for the cooler days which are on the way. Hopefully, we'll stay warm a bit longer. I'm having a wonderful summer doing whatever it is I want to do. Retirement is a wonderful thing. Too bad I waited so long. But wait, I didn't want to retire until I did. Work hard and play hard! That is my motto. I'm into play mode!

No comments: