Monday, July 6, 2009

A Shawl & A Sweater




I have two new projects underway at least for now. The shawl is very pretty and will be quite light to wear I'm sure. The sweater is heavier and will be ready for winter unless I decide to frog it. Not sure I like the open stitch pattern since anything you wear under it will show through so the wearer will be limited to solid colors but that may be okay. We'll see. If I finish it, it will show up here. If not, well I'll let you know. All is peaceful in my house. The 4th came and went with no rain. That is an amazing feat given the weather patterns recently. My yarn closet is not getting smaller but it isn't getting any bigger either. I reduced my stash by 9 skeins last week but then added 13 more for a ruffled shawl I have been asked to make. Not sure that counts as an increase though since it will arrive and depart quickly. I've about given up on reducing it and just try to contain it. A friend of mine said she found another large bin of yarn....so she has passed me by and I've been accumulating yarn for many years. She only started 3 years ago. Fortunately, there is no prize for using up all of one's yarn. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN I'M SURE! Must go work on my projects.

1 comment:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

Yes, sadly, I think I have passed you buy. But isn't the journey just plain fun. I mean, can you feel me, ugh, I mean, feel the yarn?