Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Butterfly Shawl


This turned out to be quite a nice pattern. I printed it from www.angelfire.com and it is truly a lovely piece. Since I was using up yarn it didn't come out as large as the pattern intended but it allowed me to use up three different yarns without the shawl looking too mis-matched so that made me happy. I love it when I can reduce my stash. Not sure who will receive this but I'm leaning toward the ladies at the nearby convalescent center where my other handiwork has been distributed. I'm guessing that a handmade item will pep someone up when they aren't feeling their best. So now I'm off to use up some more of my stash. The older yarn remains but I am using up the new at a terrific rate. Too bad I don't have 8 arms so I can work on 4 items at a time. Today it is raining so that gives me added incentive to just curl up on the couch, watch a movie, and crochet. Of course, I'm always ready to crochet!

No comments: