Thursday, March 18, 2010

COWL NECK SWEATER TAKES SHAPE

Here is a picture of the sweater before sewing the 2nd side together and finishing.  The slit in the middle of the multi-colored yarn is a sleeve opening.  When the two green edges are sewn together, a slit of 23 stitches will be left open to form the other sleeve opening.  Then the yarn is attached to one end of each slit and the sleeve is crocheted in the round.  Then the sweater will be finished.  It is almost tunic length.  The plastic markers mark the cowl neck.  It is a very easy pattern to make.  I would recommend using an I hook instead of the J hook called for in the pattern.  Of course, check your gauge before starting on the pattern.  This will use up all of the stash I had in my closet so I am reducing the old yarns but do continue to add new yarns.  At this rate I won't ever empty the closet which was my goal.  Now I'm just trying to keep the yarn to a size that will fit in the closet.  So far so good.  With the spring weather coming, it is harder to not order new yearn.  The spring yarns are so-o-o-o-o-o pretty and light.  Oh well, there are much worse things to be addicted to than yarn.  No one has ever been busted for too much yarn.

No comments: