Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cold Weather Encourages Crocheting--Warm Under The Fiber

Favorite Baby Afghan
The afghan is finished, boxed and ready to be shipped.  I started booties to match but couldn't make them small enough.  The worsted weight yarn is too heavy to make new baby size booties so I dug into my stash and found a perfect pair ready to go.  Makes me think that I should get busy between projects and make some booties and hats so I have some ready to go next time.  This soft, textured pattern makes the most beautiful blanket.  This is the 4th one I have made using this pattern.  It uses yarn--1,796 yards with a G hook and single thread worsted weight Red Heart Super Saver in Hushabye.  I prefer the worsted weight to baby weight because it makes a larger size blanket and is bulkier.  It turned out very nice and will keep the baby nice and warm.  I know I was warm under it while working on it.  One night my puppy crawled up on it to get under the light so I had to stop work for a bit.  What can you do?  Puppies are only puppies a short time and I'm enjoying every crazy and cuddly moment.  She loves fiber but that's okay cause I wash the item before shipping.  Poodles are hypoallergenic but still....a clean blanket is best.  Now I'm focused on hats and gloves for another friend.  One hat done and a few more to go.  Can't send the girls hats without sending the boys hats, too.  I mean fair is fair.  They'll be ready to ship next week in plenty of time for the first snow.  I'm hoping the snow holds off around here until next year...only 3 weeks away.  B-r-r-r-r-r!

1 comment:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

Ooooh, so pretty. I am glad the project kept you warm because it has been and is cooooold. My shawl is doing the same for me. I like your idea to make in-between projects -- those are the true stash busters.