Monday, September 12, 2011

Is Fall Far Off?

Today is a glorious day.  Sunny and 80 degrees.  I should be out doing something but that would mean spending money.  I can do that right here at the computer and probably faster.  So, I'm inside while my husband is outside working in the yard.  He loves it (I hope) because he has to spend a lot of time on it.  We have a big yard.  I am beginning on some new projects for charity.  All of my organizations say shawls, hats, throws, and more shawls are what sell.  I love making these items and it is a great way to use up some of my yarn that is hanging around way too long.  Let's see, if I use up some yarn then I can replace it with new yarn, isn't that right?  Forget that I've been emptying my yarn closet since I started this blog in 2007 and so far I can barely shut the door.  So, if I'm going to use it up I'd better get to hooking hadn't I.  So, I'll be off but first here is the latest hat and scarf I've finished using Lion Brand's Hometown USA super-bulky yarn.  It works up fast and is machine washable/dryable.  Great for kids and grownups alike.  Well, as you can see, the hat is for a small child but the scarf is for anyone.  The next hat will be made bigger.  Who knew that this pattern with this yarn would make a 16 inch hat.  Even the dummy can't get it over her head!

No comments: