Friday, November 11, 2011

Mobius Shrug in Tweed

Today was a cold and blustery day.  It is now dark and only 5:30 p.m.  The loss of daylight savings time is always a transition.  More time to crochet!  Today I finished a shrug that I had started sometime ago.   The yarn is Tweed by Lion Brand and the Sequoia Shrug is the pattern I started out making.  It is a simple rectangle so when I determined that I didn't have enough yarn to finish it, it was easy to just twist one end, sew it together and then finish it using the same stitch as in the shrug pattern.  I added the shells and picots to make the edging pop out.  Of course, I had to devise something to cover up the seam so I made a strip of shells and picots and sewed it over the seam.  The yarn is stretchy and worked great for a mobius.  If you decide to try it, the pattern is free.  I recommend you get 4 skeins of yarn for the mobius.  If you decide to make the shrug, you'll need 5 skeins.

Notice the strip of shells covering the seam.

No comments: