Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's May, It's May, The Lusty Month of May

Well, it took me almost the entire month to get around to updating my blog.  The title of today's entry is from 'Camelot' a favorite movie of mine.  It represents many memorable moments:  1-1st movie my now husband and I ever attended; 2-we named our first cat C'est Moi after Lancelot's famous self-aggrandizement song; 3-May is my birth month so I like to think that this song describes my fun loving tendencies.  You can hear the lyrics at Lusty Month of May as sung by Vanessa Redgrave in the 1967 movies.  You may wonder why I'm so infatuated with that song.  It's because I just celebrated my 70th birthday so feeling fun loving is important since I expect many of you who are much younger expect anyone of my advanced age to be quietly rocking on my porch.  Not!!  First of all I don't have a porch but even if I did I wouldn't be in a rocking chair.  Suffice it to say that 70 is just a number.  As long as we stay up with current events, read the latest books, pay attention to the latest movies (even if we don't run to the theater every weekend), and enjoy life, we'll stay relevant.  Note my green toes.....this is me trying to be relevant.  I think I prefer a brighter turquoise next time.  Anyway, you get my intent.  So, watch the video and enjoy the lovely spring.  Now, I must get back to my crocheting and my hot, hot book!  Can you guess what I'm reading?

1 comment:

ponykeg said...

Shades of Grey????
Happy Belated, my dear friend! I, too, am a lover of Camelot...movies, books, anything I can get my hands on! Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, jousts,magic, wizards,etc.. ahhhh, I love it!! If you have not read the series, I suggest the Pendragon Cycle by Stephen Lawhead. 6 books full of the legeng...the last book is kind of weird, attempting to bring Arthur to modern day, but interesting nonetheless....
Love your toes! Hope to see you again soon!
PK