Monday, September 9, 2013

Finished 201st Afghan for HAP Charity

Now What?  I've finished the afghans for this marvelous charity and am at 'loose ends.'  Lots of yarn to use up but what to do with it?  I'll have to begin seeking another charity where I can put my crocheting skills to good works.  For now though I'll get these last nine to the coordinator so they can be washed and packaged for shipping.  It has been a rewarding project.  To think one person had an idea and managed to coordinate 1,500 volunteers across the United States resulting in over 10,200 afghans being given to our wounded warriors.  Indeed, one person with a good idea can make a big difference.  Now we just need to find other charities and make them known to people like me.

Here's a collage of the entire 201.  This picture of me shows me working on my first afghan, never expecting that I would put together 201.  



No comments: