Saturday, July 20, 2013

SUMMER ARRIVED AND IT IS HOT! HOT! HOT!

I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.  It has been hot and humid.  Of course, I've been in the cool house crocheting to finish afghan sets for the The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Force Project (HAP), which is ending this year.  As of last week, 10,187 afghans have been delivered to wounded soldiers.  The founder of the group had an idea that took off and is still going strong.  We're now in the home stretch but until the last afghan is mailed, we'll be working on finishing the sets.  Here's one of the latest afghans I put together.  Everyone is unique but some, like this one, are very pretty indeed.  I am just happy that I can put my hobby to such good use.  I'm already looking for another project to get involved in.


No comments: