Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Activities Include Trivia for Outlander

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series
Greetings.  You won't believe this but I wrote a lengthy post several weeks ago with pictures, links, etc. and when I clicked on 'publish' the system said 'sorry an error has occurred.....' and it disappeared.  Well, I was so frustrated that I shut my computer down at the switch, a big NO NO, and went to listen to my Outlander book, 'Echo in the Bone,' to console myself.  I figure that's as good an excuse as any.  So, I'll try again.  Here's a picture of one of my latest scarves with the Outlander books.

The last few weeks have been very busy what with finishing scarves to ship off to my yarn buddy, Annette, in Ohio.  She's collecting them for her church group's winter give away.  And, then finishing a couple of shawls for a friend since 3rd grade, and now I'll be working on some questions and answers about Outlander books for the trivia game, Quiz Up.  A Facebook buddy found out that this wonderful series was not included and she contacted the creator who said to send in some trivia and they would add it.  So.....she has 125 questions/answers so far.  This is a pretty big deal since it will add to the publicity around this terrific series of books.  And, of course, I continue crocheting to empty my yarn closet.  Alas, not yet.  Here are some of the latest items.
 

Pineapple Lace Shawl

Flying Diamond Shawl

Pineapple Shawl

No comments: