Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Almost Santa Time

Happy Holidays To All!

It's that time of year again when we all think about family and friends wherever they may be.  I know it makes me nostalgic for the days when I was a kid and everything was so simple because my parents made it appear so.  Without children in the house, the holidays don't have the same bright glow as they do when little ones are running around all excited looking for gifts.  Of course, the running around can get on one's nerves but you know what I mean.  When all of your children have paws, there may be excitement but it's not the same.  The only bells that ring here are the ones hanging on the door that Shaunti hits when she wants to exit the house.  They do get our attention.  I'm convinced she sometimes hits the bells just so she can run outside and then come back in to get 'her reward' for being a 'good girl.'  She does like the little bits of cat food that only I give her.
She's got my number for sure!! She's a special little poodle and keeps us on our toes.

In all the excitement, or lack thereof, I have been turning out the shawls.  Since Thanksgiving, I have made 10 shawls.  Rather than show them all here, I'm including a link to my ravelry page so you can see them all.  There are great patterns and I've enjoyed making them.  There are 8 available for gifts or to donate to charity organizations.  And, the best part is that my yarn closet is reduced to where I have empty hooks and can actually see the back wall.  That has been my goal since 2007.  I must admit that I'm feeling anxious to not have lots of yarn to choose from.  The remaining yarn is lace weight and baby yarn.  I'm controlling my impulse to buy more yarn.

Right now, it's time to get back to crocheting. 

Here are three of my finished products.  The top one I made for my sister-in-law.  The middle and bottom ones I gave to a friend that I've known since the 3rd grade.  Talk about nostalgia.  She kept the blue one and gave the earth toned one to her daughter.  We reconnected on Facebook.  The social media sites do good things when used properly.  I love the Internet!
Pineapple Shawl by Karen Drouin

Flying Diamonds by Vicki Mikulak

Pineapple Shawl by Karen Drouin


No comments: