Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Still Waiting for Summer

You'd never know it was almost June.  Today it is raining and about 70 degrees.  I'm not complaining but it just seems odd to have the furnace on in late May.  Pleasant during the day usually but cool at night.  The plants love the weather so we aren't complaining, at least not too loudly.  I've been hard at work putting afghan sets together for the HAP charity.  So far I've sewn together 151 sets out of 10,000 altogether.  It has been a most rewarding experience.  It will be ending this year so then I will focus on using up the yarn in my yarn closet.  I know, I know, you've heard that before but this time.....well I really do want to empty the closet.  To use up some excess baby yarn, I've made a couple of baby jackets and booties and a baby afghan.  I'm now making a full size afghan in a trellis pattern using Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Chunky I bought on sale.  Oops, I shouldn't have mentioned that I bought new yarn in the same paragraph that I said I 'want to empty the closet' but what's a yarn addict to do when there's a sale???  Can't resist the half price sales.  Maybe I just need to stay off the Internet.  I seem to be addicted at the moment to Waylon Jennings' DVD concerts and music.  Maybe I just like to buy stuff.....do you think???  Oh well, it keeps me busy and happy and at home.  Now, I must get back to my couch, my yarn, and my DVDs and books.  Such a life!





No comments: