Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's Snowing in Maryland

B-r-r-r-r-r!  Baby, it's cold outside.  In the beginning it looked like just a little snow but now it looks serious.  The wind is picking up and the snow is fine and falling fast.  So....I see a fire in the fireplace tonight and more crocheting to do.  I'm working on the throw for a good friend in Puerto Rico.  She wanted a light weight in a cream color so I'm making it in cotton.  Not sure I like working in cotton, it isn't very soft, but I'll get it done.  Next time I'm going to use Pima Cotton blended with Acrylic.

Just finished another shawl and capelet and have completely used up my purple yarn.  Made two shawls, a capelet, and a huge afghan.  I like purple but I'm happy to be using a different color now.  Other than the snow, it is pretty quiet around here.  Just another Tuesday.  I'm off to walk (inside on treadmill) and watch the latest Sherlock Holmes movie.  Stay warm.


Believe it or not, these were all made with the same yarn.  The pictures make the colors look different.  Notice that in the capelet picture, my Pocket Claire & Pocket Jamie are checking out the capelet.  Jamie is thinking of getting shawl for Claire.  This is some fun stuff from The Outlander Facebook groups.  We're never to old for paper dolls.

No comments: