Saturday, March 15, 2014

Is It Spring Yet?

Well, I have been busy, busy, busy.  Doing what?  Not sure, but it has kept me from watching the weather channel to see when the next snow is due.  Today is beautiful and 60 degrees so I was thinking we were out of the woods, the winter woods that is BUT now the weather folks are saying we may get snow on Monday and Tuesday.  Guess it isn't over until it's over.  It was so windy last week that the birds were falling off the feeders.  Really!  The wind would blow the feeder sideways and the birds couldn't hold on.  Now that's windy.  So, what else is going on?  I'm crocheting but that isn't a surprise.  I'm listening to a book other than The Outlander though and that is a surprise.  It is driving me crazy to not hear Jamie & Claire but I'll get back to the Fiery Cross later this weekend.  Gotta find out what the witches and vampires are doing in the 16th Century first.  Deborah Harkness is publishing the final book in the All Souls Trilogy so I had to refresh my memory.  And, it's a good thing I did since I didn't remember the details of the Diana and Matthew saga but only the big picture.  It's a good read for those interested in time travel, witches, demons, and vampires.  Very plausible stories! Check out the series at the link above.

 I am now working on a third afghan to use up more stash.  Finally I'm going to use up some cotton yarn that is been hanging around in my closet for years.  It looks good as the accent for off white squares which when put together will make a queen size afghan.  The afghan pattern is Sunny Spread by Ellen Gormley and is very easy and pretty.  The shawls I've finished are very pretty.  I used up quite a bit of yarn and made two of the orange & yellow fingering weight.  I finally made up the afghans using the 24 squares I received in a swap on several years ago.  I was pleasantly surprised how pretty they turned out.  I usually like things to be orderly and matched but these squares were all made by different people so they are not orderly or matched, only the same size or almost the same size.  Anyway, I like the afghans.  That's all for now!
Pineapple Twist Shawl in Stroll by Cheri McEwan
Aran Edged Squares


Flying Diamonds by Vicki Mikulak      
Big Button Beret by Olivia Rainsford     
Black Edged Squares

No comments: