Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April Is Here--Feels Like Spring Today!

We seem to be back on track for spring today.  My DH bought some new rhododendron in red and purple and is in the process of planting them.  The leaves are leafing out and the apple and cherry blossoms are blooming.  No snow in sight!

Yoga began again today after a two week break.  On my aching body!  Why oh Why don't I do a few sessions at home?  I know why.  It's not fun.  But, it is nice to be back in class with others who don't do sessions at home either.  There is nothing like peer pressure to make you hold that plank pose until the instructor says, 'relax.'

So, I came home and have been relaxing ever since.  Just kidding.  I've been updating my yarn projects, sorting pictures and sorting items for donating to two charities.  I am so happy because my dresser top was under yarn projects.  The good thing about that is that I couldn't dust.  The bad thing about that is that I didn't know what projects I had.  Now I have them sorted, bagged, and labeled for donations.  One stack is going to a homeless shelter in Frederick, Maryland, thanks to one of my yoga buddies.  The other stack is going to a craft fair to make money for a local family charity.  I love to crochet but have run out of places to give the items.  Now I can continue to make shawls,  baby blankets, etc. and know that they will find a good home.

My latest projects are two shawls in pretty shades of blue.  I have now used up most of the blue yarn I had in my stash so the next few things I make will be in cafe, off white, or silver grey.  I promised myself that I will use up all of my stash before buying new yarn.  Stay tuned.

Evening Shade Designed by Kristin Omdahl in Bernat Mosaic

Yes, Yes Shawl Designed by Vickie Howell for Bernat

No comments: