Saturday, May 3, 2014

IT'S MAY, IT'S MAY, THE LUSTY MONTH OF MAY.....

Shades of Camelot, the movie.  I love the movie and the song!  But, I live in Bowie, Maryland, in the 21st Century so I must make do with my own imagination and hands.  I have been crocheting like crazy to use up stash and make some pretty things at the same time.  Not too difficult of a task since the yarn in my stash is quite nice and pretty patterns are everywhere.  So, I now have six more items available to give away.  I donated 25 items last month to two different charities so am on my way to again have some shawls and afghans for some lucky persons to enjoy.

In the meantime, between crocheting, I have done nothing but watch birds.  My husband has planted new plants in our front entry area and they are thriving.  We have a new bird couple living in our trees, a lovely Rose Breasted Grossbeak pair.

And, of course, we have the usual Blue Jay couple, a considerable group of mated Cardinals and Doves, Red Winged Blackbirds, and the stray Starling or two.

Never a dull moment but it keeps me busy filling the feeders.  We also have some Goldfinch.  All get along fairly well although there are some squabbles for seed.

While all this is going on, I'm usually listening to my audio books and trying to figure out what to work on next.  I just love retirement.  How did I ever have time to work???





Below are a couple of recently finished shawls.  Now it's off to walk and get some exercise before I go back to sitting.  Life is good!

Crystal Palace Cuddles

I Promise You Pine Cones
Tessellating Pine Cones








No comments: