Thursday, May 22, 2014

Old Enough For Now

Yes, May is a beautiful month.  The flowers are blooming and everything is bursting forth.  The plantings in the backyard are growing so fast you can almost see them reach for the sun.  And, of course, it is my birthday month.  I may be old but I still love birthdays.  When asked by my husband, 'What do you want for your birthday since you've got everything you could possibly want except more yarn?'  I responded, 'I want a Mac laptop.'   He was speechless for a few seconds and then said, '.... you'll have to decide which model.'  Needless to say, I got right on that assignment and came up with the MacBook Air.  After visiting the Apple website and comparing models, I changed my mind and decided on the MacBook Pro 13 inch with Retina Display.  The Air was too similar to the iPad and what I wanted was a light weight laptop to replace our ancient door stop model.  The MacBook arrived and I managed to wait until THE day to take it out of the box.  It is beautiful.  The display is brilliant and the design is superb.  Apple does know how to design.  I'm now a Mac believer but still love my PC.  I had to let Jamie, of Outlander book fame check it out with me.  He approves even though he has no idea, being an 18th Century Scot, how it's used.  So, if you haven't tried a Mac, I recommend you do.  And, if you haven't read the Outlander series and discovered Jamie, I recommend that you do that, too.  The eighth book will be published June 10th.  For now, I'm off to listen for the 8th or 9th time to the seventh book in the Outlander series and crochet.  All is well!

No comments: