Sunday, November 2, 2014

What! It's Already Standard Time Again

My, my time sure flies when you're having fun.  Now it is November 2nd and we are back on winter time.  Sigh!  I hate these early dark evenings but only 6 more months until we're back on sunshine time.  In the meantime I have yarn to use up but not nearly as much as I had when I started emptying my closet.  Now I can see the back wall and the floor and can easily count that there are only 6 bags remaining.  What next?  I'm already getting anxiety that I might run out of yarn.  Not a chance!

Since July we have been on a Canadian vacation to Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper to celebrate Murray's 79th birthday.  Wow!  Speaking of where has the time gone?  One of these days we're going to have to admit that we are now old but not yet.  We had a great time gawking at the spectacular views of the mountains.  If you want to remind yourself of just how puny and insignificant you are, look up at a mountain.  You'll see.  It was lovely weather and we got hundreds of pictures and videos.  Even saw an elk but no bears, moose, or sheep although they were around.  Now we are thinking of where to go next year.  In the meantime I'm crocheting and waiting for the next sessions of The Outlander.  The first eight were fantastic but it will be April 2015 before the last eight of the first book are shown and then another long wait for Dragon Fly in Amber, the second book in the series to be shown.  I guess I could look on the bright side and re-read the books again for the 9th or 10th time.  Life is good!

Here are a few shawls I've completed recently and now I'm back to my couch to listen to Harry Bosch books (one has to read/listen to books other than Outlander) and crochet.
Doily Shawl by Doris Chan

Morpho Shawlette by Cheri McEwen

Add captiMorpho Shawlette by Cheri McEwenon
You can see that I love these two patterns.  Doily Shawl by Doris Chan and Morphy Shawlette by Cheri McEwen are my 'go to' patterns.

1 comment:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

Welcome back. You know I love the mountains. Your shawls are great. I'm going to have to check out the Morpho Shawlette pattern. And I envy you your travels. If I could afford it, I would travel by train for two weeks (with my own sleeper of course).