Sunday, November 13, 2016

Post-Election 2016

Well, the election didn't result in my choice BUT there is always one side that wins and one side that doesn't win so time to move on and hope that the new President Elect is in fact what he says he wants to be, the President for everyone.  I just hope that the country gets back to civility.  It was a really hateful campaign.

So, now that we are on the other side of the election, we can continue our lives.  I have been crocheting lots of scarves to donate and just may have a local shelter that will take them.  I have been sending them to a non-profit in California that gives scarves to abusive women's shelters and homeless shelters but only in California.  I have to believe that we have local shelters just not as easy to access.  I will look harder to see about helping local folks.

The weather has been absolutely beautiful, bright sunny days and brilliant blue skies.  This was a good thing because Murray had one roofing project he wanted to finish and he got it done.  I have to admit I was biting my nails because of the steepness of the roof but he assured me that he had it all figured out.  And, he did get it done but anyone who thinks it is normal for an 81 year old man to be roofing hasn't read the statistics on that age group.  Apparently, Murray never read it either because he continues to amaze one and all.  Here are some pictures of his activity.  See how steep it is?


While Murray was roofing, I was crocheting and listening to books.  I checked on him often to be sure he was still working.  Now we have a beautiful roof.  He has totally re-roofed the entire house now.  Whew!  No more ladders I hope.

My crochet projects have been mostly scarves to donate.  They were easy and didn't interrupt my book listening.  Nothing is more frustrating than to be engrossed in your book and discover you have made more rows in the wrong pattern....and then you have to rip it out.  I have to say that ripping out crochet rows is much easier than ripping out knit rows.  Anyway, I survived and made lots of scarves. I did make one hat with a pretty little flower on the front.  The flower has a button on its back so it can be moved around.





Okay folks, that's all for now.  I'm sure there will be many more crochet projects but no more roofing projects.  Life is good around here and Shaunti wasn't sure what was going on with the ladder but she didn't like it.  She much prefers her pack to be on the ground and with her.  Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.  We have lots to be thankful for.

No comments: